Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Transparent


I'm just trying to get along
In a world that doesn't like
The darkness of my skin
The kink of my hair
The width of my hips
The thickness of my lips.


I'm just trying to make my way through oppression
Depression
Suppression
Regression.

While trying to deliver a word to
Stiff necks
Itchy ears
Hardened hearts
Lukewarm spirits.

I'm trying to win a battle against them, they, that, those, these and this...

I can't go with the flow,
Fit into the box
Blend into the pattern
Not rock the boat

I must stand out,
Stand up,
Stand against
Stand with
Stand for.

But I'm tired, exhausted, worn out, worn down, wrung dry.

I need to be revived, rebuilt, rejuvenated, re-energized.

But it can't be by retooling, recycling, repurposing, revamping

That won't get the job, task, assignment, chore, errand done.

I need The One
The Maker,
The Alpha,
The Omega,
The Beginning,
The End,
The Writer AND The Story

To do what only He can do:
Feed me,
Comfort me,
Heal me,
Restore me,
Fix me
Love me

And put me back on the path, the road, the street, the walkway

To victory, triumph, success, dominion.

1 comment: