Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Menopausal emotions

Sometimes I just wanna cry
And I don't even understand why
My emotions say to grab a hold
But I'm no longer in control
My heart, then my eyes start to leak
And I get so full that I can't speak
Something deep in me wells up and I...
Well, I can't explain, so I just start to cry


I can't explain, won't even try
This need sometimes that makes me cry
My heart just fills and tries to burst
Telling my mind it has a thirst
For a comfort that's not even there
Because all around are unaware
That this need in me to just release
Is at times the only way toward peace


I scream, I wail, I stomp, I shout
I bawl, I keen, I whine, I pout
I throw myself onto a bed
And pull the covers to my head
Throwing a tantrum is so exhausting
With no regard for the energies costing
Emotionally drained, I'm all wrung out
Okay for now, 'til the next bout.

1 comment: